- Set aside 25-45 minutes in a quiet place. Sit comfortably and maybe light a candle.
- Sit still and just BE with God.
- Don’t think of things to say or ask, just sit in God’s presence and enjoy each other’s company.
- If your mind starts to wander or become distracted, acknowledge the distraction, then say a “prayer word” in your mind until it passes and you come back to center (e.g. “Jesus”, “Peace”, “Grace”, “God,” etc.)
- Just – “be still and know that I am God.” (Psalm 46:10
Learn more at www.centeringprayer.com